Recently, one of my fellow bloggers, an Objection Network member, Michaela, has nominated me the Mystery Blogger Reward! I feel… Rewarded! Get it? All lame puns aside, thanks a whole bunch!
For those wondering, this award was created by Okoto Enigma. The post is for, as it says below-
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
I’m so glad I was nominated for this. While it’s a simple and minor reward, and it isn’t even a mark of fame, it’s always uplifting to see people who enjoy my content! I find fun and inspiration in blogging as well, since writing about things I like helps me feel better after an especially hard day.
The rules are simple for this:
- Put the award image on your blog.
- List the rules (which is what is here)
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the reward and link to them as well.
- Tell the reader three things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people (I only nominated four, sadly)
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask the nominees five questions.
- Share a link to your (personal) best posts.
Without further adieu, let’s do this!
Three things about myself
Most of the time, I like blogging about video games I like. I started up my “Thoughts on” series of posts to talk about games I particularly like, since I feel a lot of reviewers and critics on the internet tend to get too critical. Of course, this doesn’t mean I’m not a fan of these types of guys. I especially find it entertaining to see someone tear an especially terrible game apart (stuff like Sonic 06, E.T the Extra Terrestrial, and cheaply-made licensed games.)
I’m also fond of glitches found in games. Personally, I haven’t done all that much programming, though thanks to RPG Maker VX Ace, I do have an idea of how it works. Glitches are fun to work with when you get the gist of them too! As long as you don’t break or destroy the game. Don’t do that. It’s not fun dealing with a broken save file.
When I replay video games, I like to challenge myself to see how fast I can beat them. This is classically called a speedrun. Though I personally don’t use glitches, because I find them tough to pull off. I just like seeing how much time I can spend to beat a game. This was especially fun with Xenoblade‘s new game plus, where you carry all your equipment. Also, I like to turn off the voice acting and dub the dialogue myself. I did this a bunch with Fire Emblem Awakening, where I would give the characters dumb voices and replace some terms with something silly (like referring to Valm as Lobster Land.)
Questions! Five Questions! FIVE ISLANDS! FIVE TRIALS! (Oh wait, Sun and Moon had four)
I get to answer some questions! These are fun questions about gaming. Let’s answer them myself!
1- What got you into playing video games?
I used to watch my older half-brother play video games when I was younger. I vividly remember him playing Luigi’s Mansion and Kingdom Hearts. Oh, and I think what got me into Pokemon in the first place was watching him play Pokemon Pearl on his DS. He was a major factor, alongside the internet. Some of my favorite games were ones I discovered there.
If it wasn’t for the internet, I would have never discovered Persona, Tales of…, Paper Mario…
There was also Super Smash Brothers Brawl. At the time I first played the game, I had no clue who Solid Snake, Ness, Lucas, Marth, Ike or Olimar were! Now they’re names I know very well. It’s no wonder that the Smash Bros series is my favorite fighting game series.
2- What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Writing about things I’m passionate about! I love talking about video games and the like, so of course I love writing on this blog! I especially love talking about games I like a lot, which is why most of my “Thoughts on” posts tend to focus on games I have a positive opinion on.
3- If you were trapped on a deserted island, which fictional character would you bring to life to help you?
Hm… It must be someone with good survival skills… I bring with me, Breath of the Wild‘s incarnation of Link! Despite being memetic for burning grass half-naked and breaking his weapons on a daily basis, he has some good survival skills for an amnesiac.
Plus, if he has the Sheikah Slate with him, he could blow up all of the enemies- I mean, use Cryonis to freeze the water to escape the island! Yeah, I wasn’t planning on blowing up anything at all! Haha…
(That’s my favorite way of taking out enemies in Breath of the Wild. Stealthily sneaking up on their base and blowing it up using the bombs.)
4- What’s your favorite video game soundtrack?
IT’S THE HARDEST QUESTION.
I have too many to list! There are so many good soundtracks in video games! So, here’s a small list of my favorite soundtracks, with a song that I feel deserve a highlight.
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Some awesome orchestra-like songs, and a lot of epic battle music. (Highlight: Gaur Plains)
- Touhou: Every game in this series has some amazing music, only made by one guy! (Highlight: Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke)
- Undertale: Yeah, yeah, an overdone one. It’s self-explanatory to anyone who’s been around on the internet for a while. Like Touhou, it’s made by one guy. They should go drink together sometime. (Highlight: Bonetrousle)
- Pokemon Sun and Moon: Probably my favorite Pokemon OST. (Highlight: Battle! Tapu)
- Okami: Do you like traditional Japanese music? Yeah? This game has some amazing tracks based around that genre! It’s amazing with ambiance too, if you’re a fan of that. (Highlight: The Sun Rises)
What’s your favorite game to rag on/love to hate? (Weird question–although it could be funny too, whatever works)
Huh. I love making fun of badly-made games, but I don’t like putting too much attention to them, since I feel that’s being plain negative. Heck, I even like making fun of games I already love.
My favorite game to make fun of is…!
The infamous Sonic 06. Oh boy. From what I know, it truly is a rushed and poorly-made game with a bad story, but my goodness, it’s fun to poke fun of it. Even the official Sonic Twitter makes fun of it (then again, who takes that Twitter seriously? They made a parody of the Persona 5 battle system using Shadow)!
At least the soundtrack’s awesome. That’s probably its only redeeming trait.
If I were to say anything, I hate my older posts. Don’t read them. They were… Not good. I was more immature and less experienced in writing at the time. Let’s not dawdle on those- Here’s some posts I’m actually proud of.
- My Favorite Boss Battle in Undertale: I’m so glad I talked about this particular boss. I wanted to highlight all the reasons I thought it was genius.
- Is Yo-kai Watch Really a Rip-off of Pokemon?: I think my blog’s first good post was this. I was quite bothered by everyone picking apart this game because it was the next “Pokemon competitor”, even though this “Mons” thing has existed for a long time.
- Why Professor Kukui is Awesome: I LOVE KUKUI DANG IT. Other than that, I think I did a good job conveying why he’s my favorite Pokemon Professor.
As for people I nominate for this reward…
- Mr. Panda’s Video Game Reviews– A kindhearted guy who writes some awesome reviews. Also, he has Pancham as his mascot! Who couldn’t go wrong with the best pokemon from Gen 6?
- Ladiesgamers AKA Yvocaro– One lady who writes some good posts regarding handheld gaming. She also writes some posts regarding news, so if you’re looking for some handheld gaming news, she’s the way to go!
- The Otaku Judge– He writes some good anime, movie and game reviews! I also love the title of his blog. He’s quite the… JUDGE! (That was terrible)
- NintendoBound, also known as Matt– Another game reviewer who mainly reviews, well, Nintendo games. His reviews are detailed and well-written!
As for the questions I’d like to ask them…
- What’s the hardest boss battle you’ve personally beaten?
- Have you ever gotten stuck on something fairly simple in a video game (like a fairly simple puzzle)?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve watched/played/read? (This is the joke answer, so feel free to answer with something stupid or silly)
- When it comes to animated films, do you prefer 2D or 3D animation, or a mixture of both?
- Cutest character in gaming?
With that note, see you until my next post!